Saturday 15 November 2008

What is next?

Washington, DC
Right now I am staying with Flat Feet in Suches, GA. Tomorrow I will visit trail angels in Atlanta, collect about 10 packages I have sent them during my thruhike and continue on to Washington, DC. There I will meet my German friend Maik - this will be the first opportunity to speak German again for me after 6 months. I also want to tank up on cultural stuff and visit all the museums there before I go on to Australia.

On November 22nd Maik flies back to Germany and I fly on to Los Angeles to be happily reunited with my bicycle. I will spend three days there and then eventually leave for Australia. I depart on November 25th and will arrive in Melbourne on November 27th. Luckily this is due to the international date line and not to long flight times.

I will stay 3 days in Melbourne and then fly on to Perth where I will start to hike the Bibbulmun Track on December 1st. So I will not be hiking for 2 weeks now! Lots of travelling and flying around for 2 weeks. I will be glad to be back on the trail again.

Australia - here I come!

2 comments:

womacht said...

Crazy Girl! Herzlichen Glückwunsch zur Triple Crown! Es war wundervoll, dir über diesen Blog ein bisschen auf den Fersen zu bleiben.Und ich kann einfach nicht glauben, dass du in ein paar Wochen auf einem anderen Kontinent wieder die Schuhe schnürst. Alles Gute, meine dreifache Königin! Kiss vom fußlahmen Franken ;) *W

Anonymous said...

Auch von meiner Seite die allerherzlichsten Glückwünsche. Gerade Dein Hinweis auf die Menschen, die durch Job, Familie, etc. an der Verwirklichung ihrer Träume gehindert werden könnten, gibt zu denken. Bin ich froh, dass sowohl Job, wie auch Familie mein eigenes wunderbares Abenteuer darstellen, sonst würde ich mich wahrscheinlich sofort auf den Weg machen und wir würden uns auf irgendeinem Trail über den Weg laufen.

Liebe Grüße,

Volker