|Sunrise over the Mississippi|
Brian was especially worried because of his more sensitive Folbot and did not want to go on. We discussed our options and realised that we were at a very good strategic spot with a public boat access right next to a major highway. If we wanted to get out, this was the perfect place to do it. If we continued and encountered more problems, we would be stuck. It was a question of now or never. I must admit that I was not very happy with skipping another section and hitching with all our gear and boats seemed like a nightmare. But the alternative of going on and possibly damaging the boat did not sound very tempting either. Especially Brian's Folbot could be damaged beyond repair in these rapids. We eventually decided to try and hitch around this section.