Wednesday 30 April 2008

Eurovelo 6: Regensburg

Stone bridge at Regensbur
In Regensburg I became a victim of a tourist information lady again! I had a reservation at the ETAP hotel but I almost wanted to cycle on. But then she showed me the way to the ETAP hotel which is of course somewhere far outside in an industrial suburb - and you could get there on bike trails! That convinced me and I ended up staying the whole evening in my "plush" ETAP hotel eating hotel delivered pizza and watching TV while outside the sun was shining. Unfortunately, I saw "autopsy", an American crime documentary about serial killers, which isn't the nicest thing to have on your mind while sleeping in a tent hidden in German forests... But I had spent a wonderful day in Regensburg seeing the cathedral and the residence of the famous Thurn und Taxis family.

Inside Walhalla
Next day out of Regensburg brought me to Walhalla, some sort of German Hall of fame built in 1842 by King Ludwig I. It was interesting to see that some of the celebrities featured there have fallen into total oblivion today. It was a beautiful day and the views from the Walhalla down onto the river Danube were amazing. It is fun cycling in weather like this!

No comments: